The International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples is commemorated annually on 9 August. Ten years after the adoption of the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, Nepal-based Indigenous Rights Radio Producer Dev Kumar Sunuwar reflects with prominent Nepali Indigenous leaders on the country's progress in the implementation of international standards for Indigenous Rights.
Interviewed in this program:
1) Krishna Bahadur Bhattachan, Sociologist
2) Sher Bahadur Deuba, Prime Minister (recorded at August 9 IPD commemoration)
3) Nagendra Kumar Kumal, Parliamentarian and former Chairperson of Nepal Federation of Indigenous Nationalities
4) Malla K Sundar, Indigenous Rights Activist
5) Yasso Kanti Bhattachan, Indigenous Women's Rights Activist founder of Nepal Federation of Indigenous Women
Introduction: "Burn Your Village to the Ground" by A Tribe Called Red. Used with permission.
Background: "Remember your Children" by Salidummay. Used with permission.